Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the proper syntax for JIRA Automation "Issue Property Set Event Trigger"?

Mitch Ginsburg January 30, 2017

Overview

I am attempting to setup a rule which would transition an issue if the sprint ever gets changed on that issue. To accomplish this, I have tried to use the JIRA Automation Plugin with the "Issue Property Set Event" Trigger.

After hours of digging as well as some trial and error, I simply cannot seem to figure out the proper syntax for a few fields as part of the configuration for "Issue Property Set Event". For the sake of this example, here are the requirements:

• GIVEN an issue in either "To Do" or "In Progress"
  • WHEN the sprint on the given issue is changed
  • THEN transition the issue to a new status

Problem

I believe the step I am getting hung up at is figuring out what Property Key to use as part of the trigger:

image2017-1-30 13:52:52.png

My assumption here is that Property Key is unique to the field of which I want to trigger. Because I want to trigger this rule when the Sprint changes, I have been attempting to figure out what exactly the Property Key is for the sprint Greenhopper custom field. I have tried combinations such as:

• sprint
  • gh-sprint
  • customfield_xxxx - (where 'xxxx' is the sprint customfield ID in our instance)
  • xxxx - (where 'xxxx' is the sprint customfield ID in our instance)

I have also tried putting quotes above all of the combinations listed above, yet still have not been able to get it to successfully trigger when I use a sample issue. To see if any errors occur on the Action part, I have reviewed the Event Log, however I don't see any actions there, leading me to believe the Trigger simply isn't triggering.

I have a feeling I may be missing something simple here, but if anyone has any insight into what I might be missing, that would be a huge help!

1 answer

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Joe Zhao February 13, 2017

I have exactly same problem and would appreciate an answer.  All documentation is missing for this part of the plugin, "Issue Property Set Event Trigger".  

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events