Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the password encryption algorithm used in JIRA?

Sameera Shaakunthala [inactive]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2013

Our JIRA version: 5.1.8

I found a similar article for Confluence. But I'm looking for the KB article for JIRA.

https://developer.atlassian.com/display/CONFDEV/Password+Hash+Algorithm

2 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

3 votes
Answer accepted
JohnA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2013

Hi Sameera,

We actually use the same components for Confluence, JIRA, Crowd and our other components, (based on Seraph), so I think you'll actually find that we use the same hashing algortihm for both applications and therefore the KB you've found almost certainly applies equally to JIRA as to Confluence.

All the best,
John

Sameera Shaakunthala [inactive]
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 29, 2013

Thank you John!

3 votes
Naren
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 29, 2013

You can find the description of the algorithm used by Atlassian in jira below. Hope this link helps you - http://packages.python.org/passlib/lib/passlib.hash.atlassian_pbkdf2_sha1.html

Naren
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 31, 2013

And with this answer I've won the Karma King badge!!! ;) :)

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 2, 2013

Congrats Naren.

ConradR
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 2, 2013

Have an upvote! ;)

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events