Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What functionality is removed from JIRA and Confluence when the trial licence expires?

Robert Northard January 29, 2015

Hi,

Currently I am testing out JIRA and Confluence for the 30 days period. 

I know the 30 days period can be extended but Im not sure if i want to extend it or not.

Does anyone know what functionality I will lose in JIRA and Confluence once the the licence expires.

I have a feeling, I will not be able to create task, epic, etc, but i am not sure and need confirmation.

Anyone who can answer this question it will be much appreciated, thank you so much smile

2 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 29, 2015

Mostly, it's updates.  

You'll find you can't write much to the system, so your instincts on "not able to create task, epic etc" is correct.  Same for pages and spaces in Confluence.  I also seem to remember you can't add/remove users as well.

0 votes
Vera Henrichs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2015

I'm not sure what you'll lose when ending the trial. I did thought that you can extend the license again and again and that you won't lose any functionalities. That's the case with plugins so maybe also for JIRA and Confluence itself?
Or maybe send Atlassian Support a message?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 29, 2015

As already answered, most of the functions that allow you to *write* to the applications are switched off. If you get a new licence, then the functions come back. Your data is not affected. Atlassian allow you to extend trials a couple of times automatically, but not indefinitely.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events