Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do we need to do to setup a UAT environment from a licensed production environment

Hamid Nayeri August 29, 2016

We have commercial licences for JIRA Core, JIRA Software and JIRA Service Desk - we now need a UAT environment where we can play with customizations and updates etc. prior to applying to the production site.

What do we have to do in respect to licensing? Can simply duplicate the production environment and use it for testing or do we need to change license keys or?

regards

Andrew Ferry

2 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bhushan Nagaraj
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 29, 2016

Hi Andrew,

The technical contact listed on your licenses can generate development licenses from my.atlassian.com. You can use these licenses on your staging/testing/UAT environments.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/how-to-get-a-confluence-developer-license-152044449.html

Cheers

Bhushan

Hamid Nayeri September 11, 2016

Hi Bhushan,

I have now created a DEV environment and replaced all of the licenses with DEV licenses which is very time consuming. So now that DEV is "legal" how do I refresh it from production without having to re-do all of the licenses again?

Is there any up to date documentation on best practices for managing Production, DEV, Test for Jira?

0 votes
Timo Riikonen February 16, 2017

We have the same need:

We have created DEV environment that works well, but we don't want to and can't (long explanation) update it as production environment. How can we make them identical (except for licenses) without copying the content?

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events