cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web-item link issue

srinivasp
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 5, 2012

I am calling a servlet in the link tag of Web-item to render a velocity. When i click the link it is redirecting to a new page instead of opening as a section.

<web-section key="projectgroup5" name="Dates Section" location="atl.jira.proj.config" weight="100">
        <condition class="com.atlassian.jira.plugin.webfragment.conditions.UserIsAdminCondition" />
    </web-section>
     <web-item key="jira-menu-item" name="Dates Admin" section="atl.jira.proj.config/projectgroup5" weight="100" application="jira">
        <description>Link to versions meta information.</description>
        <label key="version.admin.label" />
        <link linkId="xproduct-admin-link">/plugins/servlet/xproduct/admin</link>
    </web-item>

I need to open this link on the same page. Can some one help? Please let me know if more information is required.

6 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dieter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 6, 2012
I haven't yet written a plugin for project configuration but after i read https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA044/Plugin+Developer+Notes+for+JIRA+4.4#PluginDeveloperNotesforJIRA44-Pluggingintothenew%C2%A0%EF%BB%BFProjectAdministration%C2%A0 i think the secret lies in the decorator information provided in the html header. I think something is missing there in the html that your servlet produces.
Dieter
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 6, 2012
Smehow the link does not work properly. Search for "Plugging in to the new Project Administration" on the page
srinivasp
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 6, 2012

I added the meta information on my vm page and hard coded the project id and key since i am unable to access the project object on the vm page. Can you tell how to handle this?

srinivasp
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 6, 2012

I added meta information but i observed two issues.

1. active tab (When i click on the new tab, it is not rendering as a active page)

2. header is missed

Appreciate if you can share any clues on this.

0 votes
Kedar Sushil Lachke October 4, 2012

hi Spatruni,

Thanks for the support. I had found the solution a few days before. Actually I found the solution from your answer only.

And I'm sorry for not updating this post.

And again thanks for your support .

0 votes
Kedar Sushil Lachke August 22, 2012

Hi,

I'm new to developement in JIRA. I have develope a plugin using a web section module. A new tab with a drop down menu appears in JIRA's top-level menu as in the image (My Company).

But it is appearing before we login into jira. Due to it availabe to everyone. I don't want it to happen like that. I want it to be available to specific user. Can u help me with this and Can you please share the code .

srinivasp
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 22, 2012

Add this condition to web-item section

<condition class="com.atlassian.jira.plugin.webfragment.conditions.UserLoggedInCondition" />

Kedar Sushil Lachke August 22, 2012

Thanks for support Spatrun

I tried doing this, but its not working. Do I have to do any this else. I have pasted the code below.

&lt;web-section key="my_links_section" name="My Links Main Section" location="my_links_link" weight="10"&gt;
     &lt;condition class="com.atlassian.jira.plugin.webfragment.conditions.UserLoggedInCondition" /&gt;
     &lt;/web-section&gt;
    &lt;web-item key="my_links_link" name="Link on My Links Main Section" section="system.top.navigation.bar" weight="47"&gt;
        &lt;label&gt;My Company&lt;/label&gt;
        &lt;link linkId="my_links_link"&gt;http://www.atlassian.com&lt;/link&gt;
    &lt;/web-item&gt;

&lt;web-item key="website_link" name="Company Web Site" section="my_links_link/my_links_section" weight="10"&gt;
        &lt;label&gt;Web Site&lt;/label&gt;
        &lt;link linkId="website_link"&gt;http://www.atlassian.com&lt;/link&gt;
    &lt;/web-item&gt;
Wiating for your reply.

srinivasp
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 4, 2012

Hi Kedar,

Sorry for replying late. I saw your post just now..

Please add the same condition for the web-item section as well.

Let me know if you still see.

0 votes
srinivasp
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 1, 2012

Its working now.

0 votes
srinivasp
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 6, 2012

Any comments please??

0 votes
srinivasp
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 5, 2012

Hi Atlassians, Any comments please?

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events