Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View Permissions for confluence space

Billy Yung September 13, 2011

Hi,

I am space admin for our team on confluence and I can manage groups that are within the space. I can also see an option to manage anonymous (not logged onto confluence) access to the space.

But how do you manage permissions to your space for people that are logged onto confluence but are not part of your groups? Do you automatically have view permissions for other spaces? How can those permissions be managed?

Any help is much appreciated, thanks

3 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Nick Manville September 15, 2011

Hi Billy,

Your confluence instance should have a group called "confluence-users" which includes all users for your instance who have a login. You can manage their permissions as a group on a space level.

Hope that helps,

- Ice

0 votes
Rolf Steinecke September 15, 2011

Hi Billy,

that depends on the requirements for the differnt types of content in the spaces.

We have public spaces what means that everyone ho has access to confluence can read the pages in a space or can write comments.

The most spaces contain more sensitive content and only logged in users who belong to the group confluence users have read access to the pages.

And a lot of spaces and pages in spaces are accessible only for members of special groups.

Hope that helps.

Best regards

Rolf

0 votes
Anni R September 15, 2011

Hi Billy!

I share my own experience, but I'm not sure is this information helpful enough. But let's try!

In Confluence are 2 different permissions

1) for space (with specific groups) and for space pages (you can restrict them)

I have "resolved" the situation how all our department people can view all the spaces with group "confluence users". They have only "view" rights. None user can't access any space until the group is attached. I can't manage people, who are not part any group.

Unfortunately I haven't experience for manage anonymous access people.

Permissions can edit by Space Admin->Permissions.

Best regards!

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events