Using Zephyr API how can I get issueId numbers

Deleted user November 24, 2014

I am trying to use the Test Step Resource API which require issueId numbers however I do not see an api to get the issueId numbers.

How can you get these id's?

1 answer

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Swapna Kumar Vemula [Zephyr]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 14, 2014

Hello Matthews,

As of now, ZAPI doesn't provide any specific API to get issue id. Zephyr API's allows access to its testing data assuming the user has JIRA related information handy. You can get the JIRA issue id in two ways as below based on your requirement.

Using JIRA REST API ( For Bulk Issue/Test Id's) :
Using DevTools InspectElement function (For Single or less number of Tests):
  • Launch browser developer tools (press F12) and search for tests in JIRA using top navigation bar.
  • From the list of Tests hover your mouse on any Issue key, right cick and select Inspect element from the options. 
  • This lists the elements in developer tools where you can find the IssueId of that test as in picture.

Let us know if you have more questions.

Kind Regards,

Swapna Kumar Vemula.

Marques Woodson December 6, 2018

Thank you for this answer.  Is this still the only way to get the issueID?  I was able to find it in the developer tools Network console, but was really hoping for better way.

Thanks

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events