Using Stash/Bitbucket Server without the command line

Sven Diesendorf October 8, 2015

Hello,

in the manual of the Stash server 3.9 there is a page, where you can create a new branch for the project.

When the project is empty project page list git command line commands to create the new branch.

Is there any other option to automatically create this branch without using the command line?

Greetings

Sven

3 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Sven Diesendorf October 11, 2015

So I need to create a branch with command line anyway?

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 12, 2015

Yes. but there are other git clients that are not in command line (TortoiseGIT, SourceTree..)

Sven Diesendorf October 12, 2015

For clients I can use f.e. Source Tree, where I can create new local branches via the tool. Whats about the server repository? Can I create there the repos and branches via the Stash/Bitbucket software?

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 13, 2015

You create the repository in the Bitbucker server UI, you put in contents via the GIT clients (SourceTree)

Sven Diesendorf October 13, 2015

Thank you Gabrielle!

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 9, 2015

Create a repository first so that you can create branches out of it from the UI. Bitbucket won't be able to create a branch out of nothing smile

0 votes
Rich Duncan
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 9, 2015

You can create a new branch for a 'repository' from the 'Commits' tool on the left nav bar, but only after you have added content to the repository.  (Cloned it, committed a change and pushed it back to BitBucket).

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events