Using Forms with JEditor

Kathleen Jacobs December 5, 2013

I want to create a form to use checkboxes with jeditor. But not sure how to set it up so it actually saves the things checked off.

I added checkboxes and a Submit button. but refreshing the page, just resets it.

How can i use the forum to save a checklist?

2 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Kirill Bobrovskikh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2014

We have just shipped JEditor 2!

With JEditor 2 you can just add checkboxes and save them. That's it :) No need to add form or submit button.

0 votes
Kirill Bobrovskikh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 9, 2013

Hello,

Currently Forms is advanced feature of JEditor that requires some html knowledge.

To create a form with checkboxes (or other controls) do the following:

1. Add a form using the Form tool

You can use any form name, but don't change other parameters.

2. Add some checkboxes using the Checkbox tool

Use any unique name and value. Notice that name won't appear as text after the checkboxes. You can type any text after.

3. Add submit button using the Button tool

Use unique name and any text/value. Type of the button must be Submit. This is required by JEditor form processor.

4. You form should look like this in the editor

You can now click Save and the form will appear on the view screen. Refresh the page to let JEditor see the form.

Now you can check any box and click Save form button. If you reload the page you will see that the form doesn't lose its state.

P.S. We are now reworking checkboxes so that a user could create checkboxes with single clicks (without forms, submit buttons and dialogs).

This will help to create checklists easily. We are going to ship this change before the end of this year.

I hope that helps :)

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events