Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Name showing up in issue comments after removing user in JIRA

Sathish Venkat October 26, 2011

Hi,

I am using JIRA 4.4 version.Recently I deleted a user from JIRA after removing all the assigned and reported issues by the user.

But I observed a weird behaviour when I went to one issue where the user I removed had made some comments.It was showing the username but when I hovered on that it showed user as null.

From where JIRA pulls the username which is deleted while showing the issue,is it from the issue details in database?

I was also seeing "Not available Not available" in the username for certain comments.Not sure why is that coming up.

Any help on this is appreciated.

Regards

Sathish

1 answer

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dieter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 28, 2011
The user name is still stored in the table jiraaction which contains the issue comments. on the other side the user object does not eixst anymore so the full name cannot be retrieved anymore and thus you get the unavailable message. To avoid the strange behaviour you observed i suggest not to delete users but to remove them from all groups and prefixing te full name with something like DELETED. This of course requires that user names are unique even across the deleted users.
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events