Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Format (Look and Feel)

Sagic hnich July 21, 2014

Hello,

i am programming a User Format Plugin and compilation works fine. Also after uploading the plugin to JIRA (Server) no exception/error is thrown. But i am not able to change the user format because the section doesnt exists in look and feel (but it should as described here: https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/User+Format+Plugin+Module)

I am using JIRA v6.2.

My code is for testing purpose mainly the same as in the tutorial above. I only changed this bit of code: (EasyMap and User are deprecated)

private Map<String, Object> getInitialParams( final String username, final String id ) {
        final ApplicationUser user = this.userUtil.getUserByName( username );
        final UserFormatter userFormatter = this.userFormatManager.formatter( FullNameUserFormat.TYPE );
        final String fullName = userFormatter.formatUsername( user.getName(), id );
        return new HashMap<String, Object>() {
            private static final long serialVersionUID = 1L;
            {
                put( "username", username ); //$NON-NLS-1$
                put( "user", user ); //$NON-NLS-1$
                put( "fullname", fullName ); //$NON-NLS-1$
                put( "id", id ); //$NON-NLS-1$
            }
        };
    }

(And of course atlassian-plugin.xml is also modified to work right)

Is the User Format Option in JIRA v6>(v6.2?) removed? Is it just visible if there is another valid User Format Plugin? And if so, why the code of the tutorial does not work?

Any Help is welcome!!

Thanks for your attention.

2 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Radek Indra April 26, 2017

I had much the same problem as you. What realy helped me to undertand was Jira development cookbook but the truth is user format plugin doesnt work quite the way you would expect(allowing you to change the way users are displayed in Jira) for more information I can refer you to my question.

0 votes
lasrik July 24, 2014

I stumbled upon the same problem. It seems like it's also not present in 5.2.11, so maybe this fucntion was removed after version 4?

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events