Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade from JIRA 5.3.7 to 6.1.7 produces Error: JIRA Enhancer Plugin VERSION_MISMATCH

Deleted user March 7, 2014

I did a install of JIRA 6.1.7 and an empty database shcema.

I then used the Add-On Manager to update all plug-ins.

I then stopped JIRA, changed dbconfig.xml to point to the existing Production Database, and started it up again.

The log is now filled with thousands of VERSION_MISMATCH errors as follows:

2014-03-08 12:41:16,570 localhost-startStop-1 INFO [atlassian.jira.upgrade.UpgradeManagerImpl] Upgrade Task: 'Converting workflows and draft workflows to keep keys i
nstead of usernames' succeeded
2014-03-08 12:41:16,570 localhost-startStop-1 INFO [atlassian.jira.upgrade.UpgradeManagerImpl] Setting current build number to 6162
2014-03-08 12:41:16,614 localhost-startStop-1 INFO [jira.util.index.CompositeIndexLifecycleManager] Reindex All starting...
2014-03-08 12:41:16,615 localhost-startStop-1 INFO [atlassian.jira.upgrade.UpgradeManagerImpl] Re-indexing is 0% complete. Current index: Issue
2014-03-08 12:41:16,615 localhost-startStop-1 INFO [jira.issue.index.DefaultIndexManager] Reindexing all issues
2014-03-08 12:41:17,995 IssueIndexer:thread-2 ERROR [jira.plugins.d.d] [JIRA Enhancer Plugin] VERSION_MISMATCH
2014-03-08 12:41:18,004 IssueIndexer:thread-5 ERROR [jira.plugins.d.d] [JIRA Enhancer Plugin] VERSION_MISMATCH

It's been spitting these out for almost an hour now with no end in sight.

My question is: What do I need to do to resolve the errors?

4 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Answer accepted
&(*&)#)_*#@@(*)(@*)(*@
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 8, 2014

I then stopped JIRA, changed dbconfig.xml to point to the existing Production Database, and started it up again.

this is "normal" , you did start you instance with an plugin version that is greater that the one that is found within your instance database data...

0 votes
Deleted user March 8, 2014

Thank you for the feedback gentleman. This put's my mind at ease. I really appreciate the help.

Alex

0 votes
Deleted user March 7, 2014

Hi Tuncay,

Thank you for the quick response. I think that I am all set now as the message stopped once the re-indexing completed. I will keep an eye out for them over the next few days.

To answer your question, I did upgrade JEP to the latest version. If the messages were due to the license then I'm wondering if that is because we have the Unlimited license. I've had a number of plugins complain about that and had to work around this in the past.

Thanks,

Alex

===

Version:4.3.7
Developer:Tuncay Senturk
Add-on key:plugin.jep
License details: Unlimited-user commercial license, Standard, expires 17/Sep/14
License status:Valid
License SEN:SEN-2368605
License key:AAABMg0ODA...

Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2014

Hi Alex,

I am glad to hear that you have not getting those erros anymore.

I can not say much about the license problem. JEP does not provide an error log like that, however I searched the problem and found that this is one of the license error types that is thrown from Atlassian Licensing? And this can not define why it has been fixed after reindexing.

Please feel free to contact me if the problem stills.

Regards

Tuncay Senturk

Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2014
Whoops, I missed this part. Marc is totally right. If you have changed JIRA db config.xml to point old database the version in the database and within your JIRA instance did not match. Thanks Marc
0 votes
Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 7, 2014

Hi Alex,

I think this problem is related to your JIRA Enhancer Plugin License. This exception is caught from Atlassian License Manager.

Have you upgraded JEP license as well? Do you see anything within the JIRA Enhancer Plugin in add-ons section?

Thanks

Tuncay Senturk

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events