Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating Text of Specific Issue's Custom Field via SQL

Lacey McDonnell March 28, 2017

Can't seem to get this to work. Keeps throwing error on invalid identifier; no matter what the last line is, it's always invalid.

The reason we're doing via DB is because we have (per ITIL) all issues set to lock for editing on closure. Since it's a holistic property, UI Admin cannot bypass it and we don't want to turn it off...

update customfieldvalue 
set customfieldvalue.textvalue = 'test_text'
where customfield = 16540
and jiraissue.issuenum=297 
and jiraissue.project = 17650
and jiraissue.id = customfieldvalue.issue
;

1 answer

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

4 votes
Answer accepted

Please don't do it. With an high probability it  will broke the index. Better set, just for few seconds, the properties jira.issue.editable  as true  on the status of the workflow.

Thanks! All I needed was someone from an Atlassian team to advise against it wink Going to screenshot the same and push back on the request...

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 28, 2017

Never write to a JIRA database when it is running.  Avoid writing when it's offline, and get a backup before you try it!

Thank you @Nic Brough. I'm glad there are resources who can swiftly point out the dangers of altering the DB! Adding it to my business case. smile 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events