Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unique Project Id in Jira

Raj Mehra January 1, 2015
We are using JIRA API to import projects from JIRA to our application.
As per our requirement each JIRA project should have a unique id so that we can map it in our database.
Which will be use in future to update that project data from JIRA via JIRA API.
We just want to confirm two things
1) Does each JIRA project have unique id ?
2) How we can get that unique id ?

2 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 1, 2015

You define the key for your JIRA project yourself and this key (project key) is unique across your JIRA installation

Raj Mehra January 1, 2015

It can be possible that two different JIRA accounts project have same project key? If it is possible then how we can make uniqueness of project in JIRA

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 2, 2015

No. As Sash already said, the key is unique.

Raj Mehra January 2, 2015

I have two demo account in which i create one project each one account and project key are same for both account. I am mention dummy account details below,you can check project details there. https://vikasjoshi.atlassian.net User name- vikas password-vikas#123 https://sharmaajay.atlassian.net User name-vijay password-vikas#123 I am getting data from JIRA API for both account then i got same Id,Key,ProjectName. Now how can i make uniqueness in when get project via JIRA API.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 2, 2015

Ah, hang on, that's a different question. You have two separate Jira installations. The project keys are always unique inside a single installation, but there's nothing to stop two separate installs having the same key. I'm afraid I'm not sure what you are looking for now. What is the actual problem? I suspect it might be that you want to have two separate installations not allow duplication? That won't happen unless you write code in both that can talk to the other to check and disallow it.

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 2, 2015

In last comment I read that you have 2 separate JIRA installations. Project key is unique across one JIRA installation.

0 votes
MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 2, 2015

Use the base URL plus the project key for a unique id that works across multiple JIRA instances

Vikas Singh January 2, 2015

Thanks,I will be use this to handle uniqueness of project across multiple JIRA instances/installations.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events