Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to update service desk Organizations field of an issue Through Web service

Arkaprovo Bhattacharjee January 23, 2017

Hii I am using JIRA Servicedesk v3.3, I have more that 5k issues in a Service desk project which I need to bulk update Organizations field. I am trying to update the field 

customfield_10700

(the name is valid for my instance) through web service (request sample is given bellow

{"fields":{"customfield_10700":["TEST ORG 2"]}}

) and the result is  either 500 or 400 error. Previously I have successfully updated Request Participants fields almost in the same way.

{"fields":{"customfield_10001":[{"name":"participant1@domain,participant2@domain"}]}}

I found every information including the field name and how to put values in it by examine result of the following URL

https://<<myjira instance address>>/rest/api/2/issue/<<issue key>>

What am I missing?

2 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote

I think I got my answer that feature is still not implemented. Add REST support for setting Organization on a ticket

maccamlc_old_atlassian
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2017

Yep, that is the problem.

I have just fixed this up, so in an upcoming release, this will now be possible to update using Organization ID's.

Regards

Matt

0 votes
maccamlc_old_atlassian
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2017

I believe that you might want to try using the Organisation ID, instead of the name, in your request.

In  server log file, it is showing 

java.lang.ClassCastException: java.util.Collections$EmptyList cannot be cast to java.lang.String

against this request 

{"fields":{"customfield_10700":["TEST ORG 2"]}}

I don't think it is due to Organisation ID or name.

maccamlc_old_atlassian
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 24, 2017

Can you show the full stacktrace?

The field definitely stores the organisations by ID (long value) and not the name.

Arkaprovo Bhattacharjee January 25, 2017

hello @Matthew McMahon here is the stack trace

2017-01-23 09:26:24,646 http-nio-9090-exec-22 ERROR admin 566x8159x1 3ex6hf 10.1.10.14 /rest/api/2/issue/EWSMSP-4557 [c.a.j.rest.exception.ExceptionInterceptor] Returning internal server error in response
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
	at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor3438.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
	at com.atlassian.plugins.rest.common.interceptor.impl.DispatchProviderHelper$ResponseOutInvoker$1.invoke(DispatchProviderHelper.java:192)
	at com.atlassian.plugins.rest.common.interceptor.impl.DispatchProviderHelper$1.intercept(DispatchProviderHelper.java:83)
	... 3 filtered
	at com.atlassian.jira.rest.exception.ExceptionInterceptor.intercept(ExceptionInterceptor.java:55)
	... 1 filtered
	at com.atlassian.jira.rest.v2.issue.scope.RequestScopeInterceptor.intercept(RequestScopeInterceptor.java:39)
	... 15 filtered
	at com.atlassian.plugins.rest.module.RestDelegatingServletFilter$JerseyOsgiServletContainer.doFilter(RestDelegatingServletFilter.java:154)
	... 1 filtered
	at com.atlassian.plugins.rest.module.RestDelegatingServletFilter.doFilter(RestDelegatingServletFilter.java:68)
	... 32 filtered
	at com.atlassian.servicedesk.internal.web.ExternalCustomerLockoutFilter.doFilter(ExternalCustomerLockoutFilter.java:56)
	... 8 filtered
	at com.atlassian.web.servlet.plugin.request.RedirectInterceptingFilter.doFilter(RedirectInterceptingFilter.java:21)
	... 53 filtered
	at com.atlassian.jira.security.JiraSecurityFilter.lambda$doFilter$0(JiraSecurityFilter.java:76)
	... 1 filtered
	at com.atlassian.jira.security.JiraSecurityFilter.doFilter(JiraSecurityFilter.java:74)
	... 16 filtered
	at com.atlassian.plugins.rest.module.servlet.RestSeraphFilter.doFilter(RestSeraphFilter.java:37)
	... 20 filtered
	at com.atlassian.jira.servermetrics.CorrelationIdPopulatorFilter.doFilter(CorrelationIdPopulatorFilter.java:30)
	... 5 filtered
	at com.atlassian.servicedesk.internal.web.CustomerContextSettingFilter.lambda$invokeFilterChain$0(CustomerContextSettingFilter.java:181)
	at com.atlassian.servicedesk.internal.utils.context.ReentrantThreadLocalBasedCodeContext.rteInvoke(ReentrantThreadLocalBasedCodeContext.java:139)
	at com.atlassian.servicedesk.internal.utils.context.ReentrantThreadLocalBasedCodeContext.runOutOfContext(ReentrantThreadLocalBasedCodeContext.java:92)
	at com.atlassian.servicedesk.internal.utils.context.CustomerContextServiceImpl.runOutOfCustomerContext(CustomerContextServiceImpl.java:64)
	at com.atlassian.servicedesk.internal.web.CustomerContextSettingFilter.outOfCustomerContext(CustomerContextSettingFilter.java:174)
	at com.atlassian.servicedesk.internal.web.CustomerContextSettingFilter.doFilterImpl(CustomerContextSettingFilter.java:130)
	at com.atlassian.servicedesk.internal.web.CustomerContextSettingFilter.doFilter(CustomerContextSettingFilter.java:121)
	... 4 filtered
	at com.atlassian.jwt.internal.servlet.JwtAuthFilter.doFilter(JwtAuthFilter.java:32)
	... 8 filtered
	at com.atlassian.web.servlet.plugin.request.RedirectInterceptingFilter.doFilter(RedirectInterceptingFilter.java:21)
	... 4 filtered
	at com.atlassian.web.servlet.plugin.LocationCleanerFilter.doFilter(LocationCleanerFilter.java:36)
	... 29 filtered
	at com.atlassian.jira.servermetrics.MetricsCollectorFilter.doFilter(MetricsCollectorFilter.java:25)
	... 28 filtered
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(TaskThread.java:61)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: java.util.Collections$EmptyList cannot be cast to java.lang.String
	at com.atlassian.jira.issue.customfields.impl.rest.TextCustomFieldOperationsHandler.getInitialValue(TextCustomFieldOperationsHandler.java:43)
	at com.atlassian.jira.issue.customfields.impl.rest.TextCustomFieldOperationsHandler.getInitialValue(TextCustomFieldOperationsHandler.java:17)
	at com.atlassian.jira.issue.customfields.impl.rest.AbstractCustomFieldOperationsHandler.updateIssueInputParameters(AbstractCustomFieldOperationsHandler.java:75)
	at com.atlassian.jira.rest.v2.issue.IssueInputParametersAssembler$IssueInputParametersBuilder.finalizeIssueInputParams(IssueInputParametersAssembler.java:428)
	at com.atlassian.jira.rest.v2.issue.IssueInputParametersAssembler$IssueInputParametersBuilder.buildForEdit(IssueInputParametersAssembler.java:230)
	at com.atlassian.jira.rest.v2.issue.UpdateIssueResource.editIssue(UpdateIssueResource.java:58)
	at com.atlassian.jira.rest.v2.issue.IssueResource.editIssue(IssueResource.java:752)
	... 258 more
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events