Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to update a wiki page -- error 400

dsfds fdsfds April 5, 2016

I need to update the body and sometimes title also of wiki page in Confluence. For simplicity, let's assume I only need to update its body. I'm unable to do that. I'm trying to update a wiki page and can't. It either returns `200 ok` but really the pages don't get updated  or it returns `400 the error "the page with the same title already exists".

AUTH = (config.USERNAME, config.PASSWORD)

HEADERS = ({"Content-Type": "application/json", "Accept": "application/json"})

wiki_page_id = 123

new_version = vrs + 1 # vrs being the current version is retrieved from the API

page_data = {"id": wiki_page_id, "type": "page", "title": "some title",   "ancestors": [{"id": pp_id}], "space": {"key": config.SPACE_NAME},"body":{"storage": { "value": "new body", "representation": "storage"}}, "version": {"number": str(new_version)}}

url1 = my_confluence_base_url + "/wiki/rest/api/content"
 # url2 = my_confluence_base_url + "/confluence/rest/api/content"

r1 = requests.put("{}/{}".format(url1, wiki_page_id), data=json.dumps(page_data), auth=AUTH, headers=HEADERS)

# r2 = requests.put("{}/{}".format(url2, wiki_page_id), data=json.dumps(page_data), auth=AUTH, headers=HEADERS)

When I use url1 it returns 200 but a wiki page isn't get updated.

When I use url2 it returns 400 with the error "a page with the same title already exists".  When I remove the parameter "title", it says "you should provide the parameter title"

How to make that work? Which url should I use?

1 answer

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Jeff
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 20, 2016

Have you tried following the specific example that is provided in the rest documentation?

curl -u admin:admin -X PUT -H 'Content-Type: application/json' -d'{"id":"3604482","type":"page","title":"new page","space":{"key":"TST"},"body":{"storage":{"value":"<p>This is the updated text for the new page</p>","representation":"storage"}},"version":{"number":2}}' http://localhost:8080/confluence/rest/api/content/3604482 | python -mjson.tool

https://developer.atlassian.com/confdev/confluence-server-rest-api/confluence-rest-api-examples#ConfluenceRESTAPIExamples-Manipulatingcontent

I know that this is a shell curl command, but it should give you a pretty good indication of what to pass into the requests call.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events