Unable to get local cluster in working order

I've been working on datacenter support for a while now and have configured a local cluster as described in the cluster configuration guide. It has been working until now, but after upgrading my cluster installation to latest version (6.3-m06-1), I always get the following error at startup whenever I have a cluster.properties file in an instance's home directory:

[atlassian.jira.startup.ClusteringChecklistLauncher] JIRA Cluster License Check failed: JIRA is configured with a cluster.properties file but not licensed for clustered operation.

... even though I'm using the license listed in the config guide.

When I check the instance's license in admin console, I see license's type is "JIRA Data Center Add-on Development License" as expected.

Any idea what can be wrong here?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Chris Fuller Atlassian Team Jun 23, 2014

Hi Marc-Andre,

We changed the licensing code a couple of times along the way and the license that was posted there before might not work with the most recent versions. I generated a new license and Roy has updated the page accordingly. Please double-check that the one you are using matches the one that is currently on the page.

yep, had the same thing, just had time to test, they there now does work, have a 2 node single host cluster with 6.3m06-1.

How exactly can I generate an evaluation license for JIRA Data Center? From what I found in the docs, evaluation licenses generated from my.atlassian.com (as of July) should work with data center, but I'm getting the same error. Is there any checkbox I'm missing? I'm trying to set up a 2 node single host cluster with JIRA 6.3.5a.

Yes, that was it. Thanks Chris!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published yesterday in Opsgenie

Getting the Most out of Atlassian and Opsgenie Together

We’re excited to invite you to this action-packed webinar where we will demonstrate how to integrate Opsgenie’s powerful alerting and on-call management tools with your entire Atlassian stack. Mar...

29 views 0 0
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you