Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to copy from 'Assignee' to custom field (JSU 1.3.4)

nkaravias February 11, 2013

I am facing a similar issue described on https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/browse/JSUTIL-152. However the difference is that I am now using JSU v1.3.4 (which should have resolved this) Initially this was resolved with 1.3.3 but that was just one aspect of the issue (assigning to a user after the creation of the issue).

The currently discovered bug can be summed up like this: whenever I create an issue and attempt to move on the next part of my custom workflow (transition to 'Request info') and after i pick a custom field from a picklist ('additional info') I get the following exception:

ERROR user1 772x322x1 14n3bvd 10.100.210.180 /secure/CommentAssignIssue.jspa [atlassian.jira.workflow.OSWorkflowManager] Caught exception while attempting to perform action 321 from workflow 646633 on issue 'OEP-9400'

com.opensymphony.workflow.WorkflowException: Unable to copy value from 'Assignee' to 'Original Developer'

at com.innovalog.jmwe.plugins.functions.CopyValueFromOtherFieldPostFunction.executeFunction(CopyValueFromOtherFieldPostFunction.java:120)

at com.innovalog.jmwe.plugins.functions.AbstractPreserveChangesPostFunction.execute(AbstractPreserveChangesPostFunction.java:58)

These are the current post functions for this workflow step:

The Field Original Developer will take the value from Assignee .
— THEN
Assign the issue to the reporter.
— THEN
Set issue status to the linked status of the destination workflow step.
— THEN
Add a comment to an issue if one is entered during a transition.
— THEN
Update change history for an issue and store the issue in the database.
— THEN
Re-index an issue to keep indexes in sync with the database.
— THEN
Fire a Generic Event event that can be processed by the listeners.
And the sole validator used:
If a Comment is not provided, report the following error: Please provide a comment for the original reporter.
I tried deleting all the postfunctions / validators and re-adding them, but nothing changed. Moving back to a previous version of JSU (1.3.3) did not change anything. I have to add that this currently works on my production 4.4.3 Jira which I migrated to a 5.2.3 Jira sandbox.
Thanks,
Edit: if I delete the one post-function that assigns the value from one field to another everything works. Recreating it still doesn't change a thing.

2 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Answer accepted
nkaravias February 14, 2013

This was solved by updating the Jira Misc Fields plugin. Apparently the new version wasn't showing on the update menu.

1 vote
Marcus Silveira
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 12, 2013

Hi,

I see that you have the following currently on your transition

The Field Original Developer will take the value from Assignee .
— THEN
Assign the issue to the reporter.

Have you tried putting the copy post function after the "Assign the issue to the reporter"?

Maybe the plugin is trying to use the value at the same time it is being updated on the next post function.

Hope this helps,

Marcus

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events