Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UWC Sharepoint example

MilanCiti August 21, 2014

Hello

Since UWC supporting only Basic authentication in case of Sharepoint ( unfortunately, we have Kerberos ), I am not able to start conversation. Now, I am asking for ( or looking for ) one example of exported page, we would like to see how it looks like, what is the content/format.

Any other suggestions how to convert from Sharepoint to Confluence are welcome.

I appreciate your help, thank you in advance.

Regards,

Milan Stakic

2 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Answer accepted
MilanCiti September 21, 2014

Hello All

We used another approach, creating custom C# application ( Kerberos authentication supported ), exporting all pages to html/text format and then used 'Importing Pages from Disk'. Some small modification was needed at the end, but now we are done with this.

Regards,
Milan

1 vote
Guilherme Nedel [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 1, 2014

Hello Milan, the alternate that I see at the moment would be using one of the outputs from the tool listed here to bridge the conversion to a format that can be readable by Confluence. Would that be an option?

MilanCiti September 1, 2014

Hello Guilherme,

Do you know what the format of exported files will be ? We tried to export it to html ( or some kind of xml ), but then conversion phase failed, becasue exported format is not supported. What I would like to see at least one example of exported sharepoint page done by uwc exporter, if that possible. Do you think that this is possible to get somehow ?

Regards,

Milan

Guilherme Nedel [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 1, 2014

Hi Milan, even after some research there appear to be no examples of the export output. This is an alpha module, so I believe there is work to be done in order to get functional data from it. The best thing would be to talk directly with the developers of the UWC in the email listed at their doc page.

MilanCiti September 21, 2014

Hi Guilherme, We managed to find solution that fit our needs, without using UWC at all. Regards, Milan

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events