Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPM says "Problem accessing the file"

Jhon Alexander Holguin Barrera September 4, 2016

When i tried to install my addon in production, the UPM can't install it shows the message "Problem accessing the file", I can access via web navigator with the url (http://subdomain.mydomain.com:8090), but when i try to install in my cloud instance it can't.

When i use ngrok in development environment, works perfectly

Accesing from the navigator

image2016-9-4 23:29:55.png

Uploading from UPM

image2016-9-4 23:32:5.png

3 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

2 votes
Answer accepted
Petar Petrov (Appfire)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 4, 2016

Look at this thread - it looks like UPM may have problems with non-default ports. It works through ngrok because ngrok servers on 80 and 443. Try changing the port to a default port for HTTP/HTTPS and see if that works.

Robert Massaioli _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 5, 2016

When you say "may have problems with non-default ports" it sounds like a bug but I believe this is the intended behaviour. All production add-ons should use standard ports.

Petar Petrov (Appfire)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 5, 2016

Hi Robert,

I'm just repeating your answer from the other thread (if not exact quote) - "I think that you may have issues trying to serve HTTPS over a port that is not 443; the standard HTTPS port.".

If this is the intended behavior, maybe the error message should be better. Is this mentioned anywhere in the documentation?

Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 6, 2016

I did use the word 'may' didn't I. That was bad of me. smile Fair call.

Also, we should document that the port must be 443 here but it seems that we have not yet: https://developer.atlassian.com/static/connect/docs/latest/concepts/cloud-development.html

Jhon Alexander Holguin Barrera September 7, 2016

Thanks for your answers, clarifies me some concepts, I am going to implement my addon app by the HTTPS port, but Petar has reason, the message isn't clear.

0 votes
Tom Hughes September 29, 2016

I'm actually having the exact same issue, except our add-on is bound to the standard HTTPS port and a non-standard HTTP port (because when I bind to the standard port, I get an EACCES error in the logs which I simply cannot get around) on a hosted Windows Azure server. I would love some assistance if anyone has any bright ideas, because at this stage I'm all out.

atlassian-connect.json

atlassian-connect.png

app.js

app.png

trying to upload

upload.png

Many thanks in advance,

Tom

Atlassian Team
October 7, 2016

You should ask this as a brand new question with the "atlassian-connect" tag. Cheers.

0 votes
Dave
Atlassian Team
September 4, 2016

What service are you using to host the add-on?

Is it on an internal VPN?

Does http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/ have trouble also accessing your descriptor?

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events