Tutorial for .Net Bamboo Integration?

Lach McCabe October 23, 2011

Hi,

While you have a great product I can't find a tutorial for .Net integration of Bamboo. Is there one available?

I'm interested in using your product at our company but I fear the lack of this type of information may present a barrier.

Cheers,

Lach

3 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

2 votes
Adam Woods November 27, 2011

The term "best" is very subjective and is dependent on a range of factors. The only way you are going to know if Bamboo fits your company is to use and evaluate it.

We have been using Bamboo for a few months now, and have been trying to keep things simple. We have an integration build and a release build. The integration build compiles, tests and covers, and is triggered when we push changes to the central repository. The release build compiles, tests, makes a release and then deploys to TEST.

To collect "assets" Bamboo has Build Artifacts - check the documentation for more information.

We're using Mercurial, and I have been cautious of requiring the build user to push to our central repository. All our transformations (we're updating AssemblyInfo.cs and .vdproj files) are done as a pre-cursor to making a release. We find this works quite well.

1 vote
Melanie Wright
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 29, 2012

We've posted a guide here: Getting started with .NET and Bamboo.

If there's anything you'd like to see added, please feel welcome to file a request in our Bamboo project at jira.atlassian.com - just set the component to 'Documentation' to ensure our technical writer sees it.

Hope this helps!

1 vote
ReneR
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 23, 2011

Do you have some specific questions?

Lach McCabe November 8, 2011

Some questions would be:

What's the best structure to build for different targets? (i.e. Dev, UAT, PROD, DR)

What's the best way to setup the build for collection of assets?

How do you setup the build to do web.config transformations?

Are there any articles on best practice setups?

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events