Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking time, story points vs Week, Days, Hours?

James Brown January 10, 2017

My teams estimate work based on story points. However, people can only log work in Weeks, Days, and hours. Is there a way to configure JIRA to allow work to be logged in story points?

1 answer

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 10, 2017

No, because they're measuring different things.  Story points are a measure of complexity, and work-logs are about elapsed time.  Unless you make a (false) equivalence such as "1 SP = 1 hour", which means you might as well just use the time logging.

Have a look at why over at https://www.atlassian.com/agile/estimation

Eshan Salpadoru November 14, 2017

Hi Nic,

I understand the need to use story points as a measure of complexity. If we do use time tracking (as the management is constantly asking how we are doing in relation to budgets), how do we show burn down or velocity in relation to time tracked?

Thanks in advance and apologies for posting variations of this question in other places. 

Eshan

Like Evan B likes this
Simran Kaur June 29, 2018

Hi, I am facing same issue. did you get the resolution? How did you manage to get the reports then?

Like Evan B likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events