Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Traceability between requirements (Confluence) and code (Stash, git or SVN)

Sergio Silva December 8, 2013

HI!

A Customer needs traceability between requirements created in Confluence and code files in Git, Stash or SVN (similar the traceability between Requirements "Confluence" and Issues "JIRA" )

Anybody know any add-on or any other way to do this?

2 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Adrien Ragot 2
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 8, 2014

Hi Sergio,

• The usual practice is to mention the JIRA issue on the git commit, so you can track why you've made the change. Stash does a good job at replacing JIRA issue keys with links to JIRA, in every pull request and git history graph.
  • I've built (diclaimer: I'm the author) Requirement Yogi so you can enumerate requirements with a unique key. An idea is to mention those requirements in your code, e.g. "// This code fulfills REQ-PRODUCT-001"

Hugo Hugo October 15, 2014

Hi Adrien, I had a look at Requirements Yogi and it seems a good solution to capture requirements. However I have the same need as Sérgio: I would like to trace these requirements directly to blocks in the source code (similar to a comment highlighting a piece of code in Crucible). Adding comments in the code is not an option as we would like to have traceability information separate from the sources. Is there any plug-in for Crucible that does that?

Adrien Ragot 2
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 19, 2014

Hi Hugo, No I'm not aware of any plugin for Crucible which does that, sorry.

0 votes
Steve Gerstner [bridgingIT]
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 16, 2013

If you have traceability between JIRA and Confluence, you could use fisheye to get a traceability from your coderepository via fisheye to jira just by adding the jira issue (e.g. jira-123) to your commit.

Adrien Ragot 2
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 28, 2014

Correct. Works with Atlassian Stash too, and in both cases JIRA displays the list of commits related to the issue. However the traceability goes Git -> JIRA -> Confluence, and not straight to Confluence.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events