cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Too many simultaneous connections Gmail error

Movile Service Provider Atlassian November 11, 2014

I use JETI plugin and I have this error

=====> atlassian-jira-incoming-mail.log <=====

2014-10-20 16:12:17,783 ERROR [issues.jira@movile.com] QuartzScheduler_Worker-0 ServiceRunner APT - Issues APT - Issues[10520]: Error connecting to host 'imap.gmail.com' as user 'issues.jira@movile.com' via protocol 'imaps': javax.mail.AuthenticationFailedException: [ALERT] Too many simultaneous connections. (Failure)
javax.mail.AuthenticationFailedException: [ALERT] Too many simultaneous connections. (Failure)
 at com.sun.mail.imap.IMAPStore.protocolConnect(IMAPStore.java:665)
 at javax.mail.Service.connect(Service.java:295)
 at com.atlassian.jira.service.services.mail.MailFetcherService$MessageProviderImpl.getAndProcessMail(MailFetcherService.java:221)
 at com.atlassian.jira.service.services.mail.MailFetcherService.runImpl(MailFetcherService.java:388)
 at com.atlassian.jira.service.services.file.AbstractMessageHandlingService.run(AbstractMessageHandlingService.java:257)
 at com.atlassian.jira.service.JiraServiceContainerImpl.run(JiraServiceContainerImpl.java:61)
 at com.atlassian.jira.service.ServiceRunner.execute(ServiceRunner.java:48)
 at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:195)
 at org.quartz.simpl.SimpleThreadPool$WorkerThread.run(SimpleThreadPool.java:520) 

I have already seen that Gmail has a 15 connection limit on IMAP servers. Is there a way to solve this problem? And, case not, will i lose information or does JIRA retry creating tickets?

2 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Tibor Hegyi _META-INF_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 11, 2014

There is also a Delay parameter in the Mail Handler in Administration / Incoming Mails. You may wan to try to increase it as well.

0 votes
Tibor Hegyi _META-INF_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 11, 2014

Hi, 

I have not seen this kind of problem with JETI so far, but I do believe it is not related to JETI.

IMAP email connections to email accounts are managed by JIRA not by JETI, as the stacktrace reflects it.

By default Mail Fetcher Service is connecting every minute for new emails. 

Is the connection to gmail.com fast? Slow network or stuck connections may also cause this problem I think.

It may be enough to increase the period, the service is checking emails. Perhaps increasing it from 1 minute to 3 or 5 is enough.

You can increase this in JIRA Administration / Services / Mail Fetcher Service.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events