Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This add-on failed to enable. It may require a license. Please refer to the logs for more information.

Karl Kirch August 8, 2013

We had been using the stash project categories plugin up until we upgraded to 2.6. After the upgrade to 2.6, we disabled the plugin (it wasn't compatible with 2.6).

Now the plugin is compatible with 2.6 so the plugin was upgraded, it upgraded successfully, but now we can't enable it. We get the error "This add-on failed to enable. It may require a license. Please refer to the logs for more information.". The logs don't say anything except that the plugin failed to enable.

We tried uninstalling the plugin, but it fails to uninstall with the error "Cannot remove an enabled plugin".

Any thoughts?

12 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Silvio February 18, 2014

Ok Charles...Is Done

Reference: SDS-449

Tks

0 votes
Silvio February 18, 2014

Hi Charles, how can I do this?

Thanks

0 votes
cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 18, 2014

Did you follow the link above? It should ask you all the relevant questions.

0 votes
cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 17, 2014

Hi Silvio,

Have you raised a support ticket?

Charles

0 votes
Silvio February 17, 2014

I have the same problem with JIRA Service desk.

0 votes
Karl Kirch August 11, 2013

@charles I don't know what the issue key would be. I know the subject was something along the lines of addons failing to upgrade and being unable to remove them. Also was sent using the same email as my email for the atlassian answers site.

0 votes
Karl Kirch August 10, 2013
Where would I see the issue key? I made the support request from inside stash.
0 votes
cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 10, 2013

Hi Karl,

I'll have a quick look at your logs if you can tell me the issue key.

Charles

0 votes
cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 10, 2013

Hi Karl,

Sorry to hear that. In that case please raise a support ticket with a support zip attached so we can diagnose the problem further.

Cheers,

Charles

0 votes
@charles yeah I did that but it was Friday so I figure it'll take till Monday before it'll get any traction.
0 votes
@charles unfortunately we've discovered that it's not just this plugin. It seems to be any plugin that was disabled. At this point we're leaning toward this being a stash issue...
0 votes
cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 10, 2013

Hi Karl,

I've just successfully installed the plugin locally, and it seems to work fine. The logs didn't have a stack trace by any happy chance?

Your best bet would be to contact the vendor directly, either by adding a comment on Marketplace page, on their bug-tracker.

I'll mention @niels-jaeckel here too. EDIT: Gaah, not sure how to mention someone with a hyphen. :(

Cheers,

Charles

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events