Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subtasks issue keys are NOT searchable when moving a parent between projects

Julian Sanchez August 27, 2014

I moved issues from project A to project B and I get an “Issue Does not Exist” when trying to acces an issue key of project A.

Normally when moving issues between projects the old issue key is still searchable. I found out that is true for parent issues but not for subtasks.

Is there is a solution to this?

I am using Jira v6.1

Thank you!

8 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Lucy Corral September 3, 2014

Thanks much Jose. It sure seems like a JIRA version issue now. We will follow up with support

Regards,

1 vote
Jose M.
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 28, 2014

Hola Julian, hola Lucy.

I've tested it, created an issue and a sub-task, afterwards moved both to another project and used Quick Search to search for the issues. It works without problems.

Your problem is surprising anyway, but probably you will have to contact the Jira support.

But you could check the Administration Advanced Settings regarding
jira.projectkey.pattern
A regular expression that defines a valid project key.

This entry causes problems if not correct.

0 votes
Lucy Corral September 3, 2014

Thanks Jose for you quick answer.

After further investigation, we found that the issue is present in two systems that are still using JIRA 6.1.1 and have the Agile plugin installed. The issue is NOT present in a system with version 6.2.6 with no Agile.

Could you let us know whether your setup is using Agile?

I looked through the Release Notes of all versions from 6.1.1 to 6.2.6 and there is no task that specifically talks about searching of moved subtasks.

Regards,

Jose M.
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 3, 2014

Hi Lucy. Yes, Jira v6.1.5 and Agile v6.3.6.1 while testing the behaviour.

0 votes
Lucy Corral August 28, 2014

Hi Jose, I can answer the question. Yes, search works fines with not-moved sub-tasks

0 votes
Jose M.
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 28, 2014
OK, but in general: Does the search work with not moved sub-tasks?
0 votes
Julian Sanchez August 28, 2014

Yes, the sub-tasks were moved with the parent issue and when searching and a search for the previous sub-task key returns an “issue does not exist or you don’t have access…” error.

I moved 4 issues that had sub-tasks, all sub-tasks exhibit the same behavior.

0 votes
Julian Sanchez August 28, 2014

Yes, the sub-tasks were moved with the parent issue and when searching and a search for the previous sub-task key returns an “issue does not exist or you don’t have access…” error.

I moved 4 issues that had sub-tasks, all sub-tasks exhibit the same behavior.

0 votes
Jose M.
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 28, 2014

So the sub-task was moved with the parent and you can"t search the previous sub-task key? Sounds strange. Does it work with other sub-tasks?

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events