Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Story Points using JIRA Agile REST API

Carlos Gavidia September 27, 2015

Is there a way to get Story Points from an Issue using the JIRA Agile REST API? I don't see anything in the documentation.

I was trying to access the information usin:

rest/agile/1.0/issue/<ID>

But on the returned JSON there's no field that looks like Story Points. The only field that stores a similar value is "customfield_12310293" but the name is not that descriptive.

1 answer

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

5 votes
Answer accepted
João Palharini
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 29, 2015

Hi Carlos!

Actually, in order to obtain the "Story Points" for a given issue, I'd recommend using JIRA's default REST API rather than Agile's. However, the field will not appear with its name, but as "customfield_<id>".

You can get the value for "<id>" by going, in JIRA, to Administration > Issues > Custom Fields and hovering over the Edit button for the "Story Points" custom field (under the "cog" icon at the right). A numeric ID will be displayed at the end of the URL for that link.

Then, just run a GET request using the below URL and search for the value of "Story Points".

http://localhost:8080/jira/rest/api/latest/issue/TEST-2

information Replace localhost:8080/jira with the actual address for your JIRA instance and TEST-2 with the actual key for the issue you're trying to retrieve the field value from.

--
Cheers!

Joao 

Christophe Debussche February 12, 2017

Hi Jao,

And if I want to make a generic add-on. How do I get the value of the <id> programatically ?

Cheers,

Christophe

Like DJ Spatoulas likes this
ezintz February 15, 2018

I might be late, but I guess that you want to use the specified REST endpoint for it, e.g. https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/#api-api-2-field-get

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events