cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting Jira on linux server

Jelle Elaut October 29, 2014

Dear Atlassian support,

I installed the JIRA software on my DigitalOcean server following this tutorial

I'm stuck at step 2.1, I'm in the right JIRA folder (I can see the file start-jira.sh) but I get the following error:
Schermafbeelding 2014-10-29 om 16.53.30.png

I hope you guys can help me, I've been stuck with the installing for a while now.

Thanks in advance! 

3 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Ed Baxter October 29, 2014

Try ./start-jira.sh (notice the dot-slash at the beginning) so that the shell knows to look in the current directory. Otherwise it is looking in the search path defined in your login and can't find the script.

0 votes
Jelle Elaut October 29, 2014

Thank you for your response.

That's what I tried in the first place, but then I get the command not found error :/ 
Schermafbeelding 2014-10-29 om 20.04.22.png 

I'm very unexperienced with all this. I'm a developer and I just want to use JIRA laugh
Too bad it has been a lot of struggle to get it up and running.

I hope someone can help me..

0 votes
Ed Baxter October 29, 2014

This looks like a shell issue. sh vs. bash. This site explains what you are seeing: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3411048/unexpected-operator-in-shell-programming

I would try executing the script without the sh at the beginning. The script already calls bash inside. If you do not have bash on your system or it is a link to some other shell, then the [] syntax is not available and that is why you see the errors you see.

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events