Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard validation messages not shown in Jira service desk

Veeralakshmi Jeyavelu September 19, 2016

Hi,

In the customer portal, the standard validation message such as "Please provide a valid value for field" is not shown. Instead, an error message "Error: We were unable to submit your request. Please refresh the page and try again. Note that this will clear your request details.If you have already tried again, contact your JIRA Administrator." is shown. In works in one instance but not in the other instance.

I have used below plugins:

1) Adaptivist script runner

2) Actions, Extensions, Translation for JIRA Service desk

Can you provide me a hint of what are the possible reasons for such error

Thanks.

1 answer

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Carlos Diaz March 15, 2017

Hello,

All of a sudden I started having this issue when Users wanted to share a new request with another user, but it only happened with some users. After thorough testing, I was able to determine that once a Comment is posted on the Request, then the Share this request validates the added user name without throwing the error.

SOLUTION: Put in an automated rule that adds a "Thank you for your request, we are looking into it and will back back to you soon". Make the comment Public and this will change (something - don't know what) in the issue and then validation can occur. - Hopes this helps.

@Atlassian Experts @ Moresimp - I a sure that there is more to this, but maybe the workaround will give developers an idea of what is the root cause of the error. - CDiaz

Marcos Sciarra November 14, 2018

Carlos,

The same problem is happening to me.

Can you be more specific on the method to overcome the problem?

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events