Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sorting by date in the Page Properties Report

thomasfogh February 3, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Page Properties Report Macro

I am using Page Properties Report for creating an overview on some start dates and due dates.

The problem is that when I click on eg. the "Due date" heading in the list/report to sort by Due date, then it seems to sort alphabetically and not by date - see the image below:

PageProperties_WrongSorting.png

As you can see it first sorts by number - 07 before 11, 11 before 25 etc. and then it looks at the name of the month. It does not make sense.

The dates are filled in the originating pages using the date picker "//" and we like that format.

BUT - How can I get sorting to work here? It should sort by the date value.

It is really hard getting an overview when dates are sorted alphabetically.

Thanks,

Thomas

1 answer

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Panos
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 3, 2016

Since this looks like cql, try using ORDER BY clause as per https://developer.atlassian.com/confdev/confluence-rest-api/advanced-searching-using-cql#AdvancedSearchingusingCQL-ORDERBY by editing the page source

Charlie Deuter September 17, 2018

Broken Link.

thomasfogh September 17, 2018

I am not a developer just a  regular user of the macro - so this was really a cry for help to the developer of the macro to fix the sorting on dates issue. Thanks, Thomas

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events