Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Show issues per avatar

Daniel Schwarz March 4, 2014

I am customizing Jira for a small team of software developers. We want to see the currently assigned issues in progress on our dashboard. But instead of showing the name of the assignee, we would prever to see the assignee's avatar picture.

We are currently using the "Filter results" gadget, but I cannot add an "avatar column" to any filter.

I'm alread used to Jira Add-On-development, if this requires coding.

Any ideas?

2 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Answer accepted
Andreas Ebert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 4, 2014

As far as I know, the issue table in the "Filter results" gadgets is the same as when searching for issues in the Issue Navigator. So, if you change the way a column is displayed in the gadget than you also change the way it's displayed in the Issue Navigator.

So, having said that:
How the assignee is displayed in column view is defined in the file JIRA-INSTALL/WEB-INF/classes/templates/jira/issue/field/assignee-columnview.vm. There it says to display the assignee with the user format "profileLink". You would have to implement your own user format (because no user format shipped with JIRA only shows the avatar), which only displays the avatar, and then edit assignee-columnview.vm to use your user format instead.

Beware that editing JIRA's template file is not update-safe. Take extra care when updating you JIRA, because either all template file are reverted to the default ones, or your changes may not work anymore in future JIRA versions.

1 vote
Daniel Schwarz March 10, 2014

After AndreasEbert's answer I decided to write my own gadget-plugin. Still it's kind of sad, that jira doesn't have this feature, but writing the plugin was also not too much of an effort.

Thanks AndreasEbert.

Andreas Ebert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 10, 2014

If you found my answer helpful, consider accepting it, please.

Andreas Liebal January 26, 2015

Thank you for the information. Is it possible to get your gadget-plugin what woul dbe very helpful for me. Thank you!

Asai July 22, 2019

Hi Daniel,  is this gadget-plugin available anywhere, or the code for it?

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events