Should (or can) Plugins Inherit ISO 8601 (First Day of Week) Configuration From JIRA?

Mark Symons
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2013

I have configured JIRA v5.2.2 to "Use ISO8601 standard in Date Picker". To quote:

Turning it on will cause Monday to be the first day of week in the Date Picker, as specified by the ISO8601 standard

Now I notice that a whole bunch of plugins are not following this. For instance...

• Greenhopper (example: add a Non-Working Day to a Board)
  • Tempo (example: Non-Working Days again... although Tempo does allow configuration of start of week for Timesheet week view)
  • ReleaseDog (Has date pickers that use Monday and a calendar gadget that use Sunday as start of week - independent of JIRA configuration).

So, as a non-developer, my questions are...

Is it possible for plugins (extensions) to inherit such configuration from JIRA itself?

If so, is it reasonable to expect that they should do so?

Is the answer different in the example of the gadget that displays a calendar?

1 answer

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Answer accepted
Viðar Svansson [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2013

Hi Mark,

Yes it is possible to do so and yes you can expect them to use it. However, they might not know about it so it might be a good idea to inform the vendor about it.

Tempo did adopt the JIRA configuration for date pickers a while ago (last year I think) but I assume that we have forgot to do it for Non-Working days. Thanks for noticing!

Viðar
Tempo

Mark Symons
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 16, 2013

Thanks for the feedback... I logged issues for both Greenhopper and for ReleaseDog - and you'll take care of Tempo!

Abhijit Jadeja May 18, 2013

Hi there, I am developer of releasedog and would like to find out how to setup calendar the same way JIRA sets it up.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events