Seperate external and internal comments

Dear All,

I'd like to check if a comment in an issue is external or external. Can I do this somehow? As I see I can only get the id, text, author, created, updatedby and updated types with getComment().

What I'm trying to achieve is a custom field which returns a boolean whether the last external comment is by a service-desk-agent or by a customer. If its by a customer, the field returns false, meaning the service desk agent hasn't replied yet to the customer. If it's by a service-desk-agent, it returns true, meaning he/she replied to the customer.

Thank you, 
Viktor 

3 answers

I think we should start with defenition what is it an external comment. I assume that this is a comment created by external user. Since we should to do a decigion based on group mambership of a comment creator.

Yes, part of my condition is examining the group membership of the comment creator, using the isUserInGroup(group, user) function. But this isn't enough, because a service-desk-agent can also add an internal comment, and I need only public comments by service-desk-agents.

I see. To get restrictions you should use getGroupLevel() or getRoleLevel() methods.

If both of it are nulls, it means that comment is public.

External is a public comment, which is created by a service desk agent or an external/customer user.

Check out Last commented by a User Flag custom field of the JIRA Toolkit Plugin.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted yesterday in United States

Topic Tuesday, now on Thursday! :-P

Happy Thursday everyone! This is usually a Tuesday thing but I've been crazy busy.  I finally had a moment to breath and so here we are. Atlassian has several tools and features to help users ...

10 views 0 0
View post

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you