Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seperate external and internal comments

Viktor Farkas September 2, 2016

Dear All,

I'd like to check if a comment in an issue is external or external. Can I do this somehow? As I see I can only get the id, text, author, created, updatedby and updated types with getComment().

What I'm trying to achieve is a custom field which returns a boolean whether the last external comment is by a service-desk-agent or by a customer. If its by a customer, the field returns false, meaning the service desk agent hasn't replied yet to the customer. If it's by a service-desk-agent, it returns true, meaning he/she replied to the customer.

Thank you, 
Viktor 

3 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Aron Felberbaum September 5, 2016

Check out Last commented by a User Flag custom field of the JIRA Toolkit Plugin.

0 votes
Viktor Farkas September 4, 2016

External is a public comment, which is created by a service desk agent or an external/customer user.

0 votes
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 4, 2016

I think we should start with defenition what is it an external comment. I assume that this is a comment created by external user. Since we should to do a decigion based on group mambership of a comment creator.

Viktor Farkas September 4, 2016

Yes, part of my condition is examining the group membership of the comment creator, using the isUserInGroup(group, user) function. But this isn't enough, because a service-desk-agent can also add an internal comment, and I need only public comments by service-desk-agents.

Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 4, 2016

I see. To get restrictions you should use getGroupLevel() or getRoleLevel() methods.

If both of it are nulls, it means that comment is public.

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events