It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Send a page within the body of an email

Hi,

Very new to confluence so go easy!

Is there a way to embed a confluence page in the body of an email and send to multiple addresses that aren't users in confluence?

I have a communication process where confluence would work perfectly up until the emailing the page. I can't send a pdf of the page as some users will need to see on their blackberry. I can't send a link to the page for the  same reason and also because external users cannot access our internal confluence site.

I need to send some pages to 100+ users so it would be nice to copy paste their addresses in one go rather than copy each one.

This is all easy to do in SharePoint which I have experience in but I was wondering if it can be done within Confluence.

Thanks

Andy

2 answers

Hi,

It was a feature in Confluence long time ago, https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONF35/E-mailing+a+Page

but afaik is decommissioned now. May be there is a plugin to do that... not sure

I've seen this but I'm on 5.6.3 so it's not on there. I haven't found a plugin anywhere but I'll keep looking...

Hi @Andrew Nickols,

You can try Comala Share It. With this add-on you can share your pages and attachments with users without permission to access them. You can generate a public link for your Confluence page and add it to an email. So, non-Confluence users can access to that content (like in Dropbox), without granting additional permissions.

Disclaimer: I work for Comalatech, the company behind Comala Share It.

Let us know what do you think!

Regards,

Gorka

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Off-topic

Friday Fun: What were your most formative young adult reads?

Hello, hello! Friday seems to have gotten away from me, so I suppose we'll call this a Sunday Funday? 🙈 Inspired by a thread I saw recently on Twitter, I'm curious which books you considered stapl...

201 views 22 7
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you