cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send a page within the body of an email

Andrew Nickols February 20, 2015

Hi,

Very new to confluence so go easy!

Is there a way to embed a confluence page in the body of an email and send to multiple addresses that aren't users in confluence?

I have a communication process where confluence would work perfectly up until the emailing the page. I can't send a pdf of the page as some users will need to see on their blackberry. I can't send a link to the page for the  same reason and also because external users cannot access our internal confluence site.

I need to send some pages to 100+ users so it would be nice to copy paste their addresses in one go rather than copy each one.

This is all easy to do in SharePoint which I have experience in but I was wondering if it can be done within Confluence.

Thanks

Andy

2 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Gorka Puente _Appfire_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 19, 2015

Hi @Andrew Nickols,

You can try Comala Share It. With this add-on you can share your pages and attachments with users without permission to access them. You can generate a public link for your Confluence page and add it to an email. So, non-Confluence users can access to that content (like in Dropbox), without granting additional permissions.

Disclaimer: I work for Comalatech, the company behind Comala Share It.

Let us know what do you think!

Regards,

Gorka

0 votes
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 20, 2015

Hi,

It was a feature in Confluence long time ago, https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONF35/E-mailing+a+Page

but afaik is decommissioned now. May be there is a plugin to do that... not sure

Andrew Nickols February 22, 2015

I've seen this but I'm on 5.6.3 so it's not on there. I haven't found a plugin anywhere but I'll keep looking...

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events