It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Search of Issue Key with REST API

Sebastian Schwab Jul 01, 2013

I'm using python to perform a search in JIRA via RESt API and the requests library, just like that:

search = {"jql": "project=EFFSB", "startAt": 0, "maxResults": 100, "fields": ["key", "summary", "description","status", "duedate", "assignee"]}
r = requests.post(url, auth=(user, pw), data=json.dumps(search), cookies=cookies, headers=headers)

With the pulled data I fill an array:

for element in r.json()["issues"]:
JiraArray.append([element["fields"]["key"], element["fields"]["summary"], element["fields"]["description"], element["fields"]["status"]["name"],element["fields"]["duedate"], element["fields"]["assignee"]["displayName"])

All of that works perfectly fine, as long as I don't want to pull the issue key (which you can search in the advanced search by "key = ABDCEF_1234"), like presented in the code.

Without the "key" string, everything works as it should.

How can I pull that data?

Thanks a lot!

Sebastian

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sebastian Schwab Jul 08, 2013

Thanks, but that didn't help me that much.

But I found an answers myself today:

For the issue key I have to call "element["key"]" because the key is locked to the element not to "fields".

0 votes

Hi Sebastian,

Maybe this doesn't sove your issue, but could put some light on: https://bobswift.atlassian.net/wiki/display/ACLI/Atlassian+Command+Line+Interface

Cheers,

Lucas Lima

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Published in Next-gen

Introducing subtasks for breaking down work in next-gen projects

Teams break work down in order to help simplify complex tasks. This is often done iteratively, with tasks being broken down into smaller tasks and so on until the work is accurately captured in well-...

1,095 views 13 15
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you