[SOLVED] how to access confluence database on sdk

R K March 21, 2013

Hey there,

I'm having trouble with my SDK version of Confluence 4.3.7

Support asks me to run an SQL Query on the database and send them the results ... but where or how may I access the database on the SDK version? It pretty much ran out of the box without me setting up or specifying any eyternal database.

Thanks in advance for any hints!
R K

2 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

3 votes
Answer accepted
AndrewA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 22, 2013

You may also find the following helpfull, it shows how to conenct to the HSQLDB using DBvisualizer which allows for a more UI friendly exploration of the database.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Connecting+to+HSQLDB+using+DBVisualizer

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 21, 2013

Have a look at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Running+SQL+commands+in+a+HSQL+database

I know it's for Jira, but the same principles apply for confluence...

R K March 24, 2013

Thanks Nic.
For those future people searching a solution to the issue I had: The command to bring up the console on a Confluence 4.3.7 plugin SDK looks similar to:

java -cp C:\Users\username\workspace\atlastutorial\ldapapi\target\container\tomcat6x\cargo-confluence-home\webapps\confluence\WEB-INF\lib\hsqldb-2.2.4.jar org.hsqldb.util.DatabaseManager -user sa -url jdbc:hsqldb:C:\Users\username\workspace\atlastutorial\ldapapi\target\confluence\home\database\confluencedb

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events