Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLA with multiple cycles & Stop on 'Comment: For customer'

Bronagh Quinn June 8, 2016

Hi

I have a requirement to implement an SLA to provide an update (customer facing comment) to the requester hourly while the ticket is 'In Progress'.
I have attempted to set this up and run into 2 issues:

1. I cannot seem to get the SLA to reset after an update has been provided. If a ticket is 'In Progress' for 8 hours for example, this SLA would need to run 7 times.
  2. When I use the 'Comment: For Customer' as the stop trigger on the SLA it does not stop the SLA.

Any recommendations would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

4 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Bronagh Quinn June 9, 2016

Hi Christine, 

Thanks for your response.  I had been unable to get this to work in our more complex workflow so I have gone back to a very basic workflow to make testing easier:

2016-06-10_8-49-00.jpg

We would like the SLA to run multiple times (to provide hourly updates to the client) while the issue is 'In Progress' 

Thanks
Bronagh 

0 votes
Chris Dunne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 8, 2016

You will need to use a combination of automation and SLA rules. 

Setup an automation rule to automatically transition the issue to a state when the agent provides a comment for the customer. 

Setup the SLA so that it starts when the automation rule triggers the transition. 

I could probably provide clearer instructions if you can provide a screenshot of your workflow. 

0 votes
Bronagh Quinn June 8, 2016

Hi Steve, 

So far this is the logic for the SLA.  It will get more complex but I need to test this in a simple scenario initially: 

2016-06-09_16-10-46.jpg

I believe I need to trigger the reset of this in the workflow but so far I have been unable to do that. 

Thanks 

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 8, 2016

It would be easier if we could see all the logic you are applying to the automation. I am not certain how to accomplish the first use-case yet also.

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events