SIL Listener script not being called on Issue Update

Chris Kast July 21, 2015

I have a SIL script set to execute on two different listeners: one for Issue Created and one for Issue Updated (the same script for both). The script executes fine when an issue is created but it's not being executed when an issue is updated. For testing purposes, I used a simple script that just has a logPrint statement that tells me the script has been executed. Any ideas?

2 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Answer accepted
Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2015

Hi Chris,

Indeed, the change on Epic Link does not trigger / fire any event. I would open up a bug on GH project. However, JJUPIN is here to help you so maybe you can circumvent that by using liveFields .... not the ideal solution but ...

Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2015

Sorry, not GH, let's call it by its marketing name: JIRA Agile.

Chris Kast July 23, 2015

Thanks, Radu. I've written up https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS-12299. LiveFields should be a viable option. So I assume I would "watch" the epic link field. What trigger should I use to invoke my script?

Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 24, 2015

I assume that should be "change" JS event on the lfWatch() call.

1 vote
Chris Kast July 21, 2015

Urrgh...I think I know the problem. The field I happened to be changing was the Epic Link field and I just noticed our JJupin Agile plugin expired. If I change a non-agile field, the script gets called. At least I hope that's what it is...will confirm when I get a new license key.

Silviu Burcea
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 21, 2015

Yes, this should be the cause. It should also write something in the logs when you're using the agile CFs.

Chris Kast July 22, 2015

Thanks, Silviu. I updated the license with a valid key (new trial key while I get approval for purchase) and it's still not working. When I update the "Epic Link" field, nothing shows up in the log. Is there something else I need to do? I have logging set to "INFO" if that matters. Thanks!

Chris Kast July 22, 2015

And it seems like other Agile fields work fine (Epic Name, Sprint, etc.) all execute the script when they get updated. It seems like it's just the Epic Link field change that doesn't cause it to fire.

Chris Kast July 22, 2015

Okay...this looks to be a JIRA problem. I tried using ScriptRunner's built-in listener to do the same thing and it also doesn't fire when updating the Epic Link field -- all other fields work fine. Would be great if someone could validate this as well.

Silviu Burcea
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 22, 2015

Check their issue tracker, maybe there's a bug in the JIRA Agile you're using.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events