It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Running JIRA in IFRAME breaks jira drop-down menus

Gregory Kneller Oct 03, 2012

I want to show a JIRA page inside a Confluence page in iframe (using iFrame macro). It looks ok, but JIRA navigation drop-downs (on the right at Dashboards ,Projects, Issues) don t work.

It is obviously a JavaScript issue with iframe name. Do you know any solution/workabout? Thanks ))

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Harry Chan Oct 04, 2012

Hi, JIRA doesn't support being run under an IFRAME. Feel free to vote for https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-20988.

It's been broken for a while.

Gregory Kneller Oct 04, 2012

Hi Harry, thank you for pointing it out the JRA. But it CLOSED-Won t Fixed, and it is NOT POSSIBLE to VOTE for CLOSED issues at jira.atlassian.com (((

Harry Chan Oct 04, 2012

Hi, right. You can post a comment though. Atlassian usually post a big banner explaining why they closed a feature such as this. Unfortunately this time they did not.

0 votes
David Simpson Community Leader Oct 04, 2012

Which version of JIRA are you using? The latest seems OK to me.

0 votes
Gregory Kneller Oct 04, 2012

Well, I have checked, the menus are working fine in IFRAME with 5.1.3 and Chrome. But they don t work properly at jira.atlassian.com (5.1.6) even in Chrome however... they work not perfect in Safari and IE. And they don t work in FireFox at all

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Posted in United States

Unofficial downtown meetup week of June 3 or 4?

Hello everyone!  It's been a while since Houston's had a Atlassian Community Event (formerly Atlassian User Group meeting) so I wanted to gauge interest in an unofficial downtown meetup after wo...

30 views 0 0
View post

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you