Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reuse Jira Components in my own plugin code

eXtensi Admin February 27, 2016

I'm building a new plugin and I'd like to reuse some of the existing Jira functionality by importing some dependencies into my plugin.

For example

<dependency>com.atlassian.jira.jira-issue-nav-components:query</dependency>

I can see here the people are reusing similar components but want to confirm it if there are any legal restrictions around that.

I couldn't find anything specific in the agreement which only says that decompiling or modifying is not permitted which is not the case here.

1 answer

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Daniel Wester
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2016

IANAL so I can't speak to the decompiling but it's kinda uhm poor form... IMHO. But you shouldn't have to since JIRA provides the source for free if you have a valid license. 

One be word of caution - if you rely on non-public APIs - you'll have a hard time maintaining version compatibility.

eXtensi Admin February 29, 2016

[Atlassian Developer Terms]

(e) copy, frame or display any elements of the Atlassian Products through the Add-Ons or use the Atlassian Developer Assets with Add-Ons that substantially replicate any features or functionality of Atlassian Products, except as expressly authorized by Atlassian in writing; 

So if I decide to reuse lets say JQL auto completion will I need an authorization or not?

The issue is that from the usage terms or other docs I'm not able to tell which API is allowed and what are the usage conditions.

Daniel Wester
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 2, 2016

Where is that from? You may need to ask Developer Relations to for clarification: https://developer.atlassian.com/help#contact-us

I suspect that it's more that it's about reusing the Atlassian features in an non-atlasssian product. But again - I'm not a lawyer. Your best bet would be reach out to Developer Relations.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events