Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict to Edit custom field in particular status

Samuel October 30, 2014

Hi, 

Is there a way to add restriction for editing custom field on certain status in jira?

Suppose, i want to restrict all JIRA user to edit "Field A" in "Open" status, but they should be able to edit all other fields in that status. 

I know the way to limit permission to edit an issue, but not sure if it is possible to restrict by field. 

Any suggestion ?

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 30, 2014

please configuration in the workflow "jira.permission.edit"

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA051/Workflow+Properties

Samuel October 31, 2014

Thanks Ollie, but i already tried that and it does not work for custom field. With "jira.permission.edit", it will block the edit screen (which i dont want). I want to protect only some custom fields to edit. It does works well with "jira.permission.edit.group.1=some-group-one", but it does not meet my requirement. Any other idea?

Andrew Morin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 12, 2014

Did you ever find a solution for this? Trying to do the same thing.

Samuel May 1, 2015

I found the workaround, but its too much work to maintain it. - Create a two different screen: add resticted filed to one screen including other fields (if needed), and add all field to another screen (Excluding restricted field). - Add the first screen to workflow transition screen and add permission to only limited users/group. - Add second screen to issue edit screen. I am not sure if it helps.

Like Johannes likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events