Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rest API HTTP request with integrated EyeQL Query

Nefeli Chal March 18, 2015

Hello,

We are trying to use the REST API of Fisheye/Crucible but we get some errors.

Specifically, we are trying to integrate an EyeQL Query in the Rest Call(../rest-service-fe/search-v1/crossRepositoryQuery?query=SELECT revisions from dir /trunk/src&repository=pac-gmg_g6-e1) based on this spec https://docs.atlassian.com/fisheye-crucible/latest/wadl/fisheye.html#rest-service-fe:search-v1:crossRepositoryQuery and we receive the following  error:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Illegal character in query at index 103

where index 103 is inside word "select".

Could you please help us identify what is wrong?

Your help would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Nefeli

3 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Nefeli Chal March 23, 2015

Unfortunately, I executed an EyeQL query (/rest-service-fe/search-v1/query/pac-grn_gs-e1?query=select revisions from dir /trunk) and Java Illegal Argument exception is returned.

Could you please indicate what I am doing wrong?

Capture.PNG

Regarding the plain text queries that you mentioned initially, is there any character to indicate "everything(wildcard)", such as "*" or "?"

Thank you for your support. It is much appreciated.

Nefeli

Nefeli Chal March 23, 2015

Sorry, I found out that the select query needed "+" instead of spaces. So, I managed to execute it and take results. Thank you for your help. Nefeli

0 votes
Nefeli Chal March 19, 2015

Ok, I understood what you mean and I tried this : /rest-service-fe/search-v1/crossRepositoryQuery?query=test&repository=pac-gmg_g6-e1&expand=changesets and it works.

Is there any way to integrate an EyeQL query into a REST HTTP request?

Thank you very much in advance.

Kind regards,

Nefeli

Piotr Swiecicki
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 23, 2015
Dane Kantner December 17, 2018

That is not a crossrepository query, though, and because Fisheye is incapable of "seeing" a fairly normal sized repo as a singular entity, we've had to set up each branch as its own repo...as I assume many others have until they fix the underlying root of that issue (which seems to be just treated as a known issue vs something they're working to fix)

0 votes
Piotr Swiecicki
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 18, 2015

Hi @Nefeli Chal,

Can you provide a full stack trace please?  Are you sure you are getting this exception in response to the request provided?  The request you are using is not expecting EyeQL query, instead it is plain text query.

This is example query that brings results, notice you need to specify the expand parameter, as explained in the doc you linked: https://fisheye2.atlassian.com/rest-service-fe/search-v1/crossRepositoryQuery?query=test&repository=pyicqt&expand=changesets

I tried to run that query with the exact query you provided, it simply returns no results (as no results are found for such phrase), but I don't get the error message you provided: https://fisheye2.atlassian.com/rest-service-fe/search-v1/crossRepositoryQuery?query=SELECT%20revisions%20from%20dir%20/trunk/src/adhoc.py&repository=pyicqt

What version of FishEye do you have?

Cheers,
Piotr 

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events