Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove Google Analytics from Confluence

Karsten Hilgers April 7, 2014

I just installed Confluence 5.4.4 on our server and to my surprise Google Analytics is tracking our locally installed Confluence.

How can I completely remove the Google Analytics tracking because of security and privacy reasons?

2 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

2 votes
David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 10, 2014

Hi Boris

What code is it inserting?

One way to prevent tracking is to add some code that tells Google not to track.

For example this would stop Atlassian configured trackers provided that they are still using the UA-20272869 property id

<script>
    // Disable any trackers that Atlassian may have added
    for (i=0; i < 50; i++) {
        window['ga-disable-UA-20272869-'+i] = true;
    }
</script>
0 votes
FelipeA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 7, 2014

Hi Boris,

In order to google analytics to track your Confluence instance, you would need to install a third party plugin which is not shipped with Confluence, and you would need to configure it in order to work.

Maybe you're reffering to Google Crawler? If that's the case, and you want to prevent Google from indexing your Confluence website, you can follow this guide.

Best regards,

Felipe Alencastro

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events