Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote API (XML-RPC) authentication through CAS?

Ismael Guerra October 23, 2011

We have our Jira deployment authenticated with CAS. We need to make SOAP and REST requests to Jira, but CAS is in the middle, and we don't know who to act. Is there any method to perform this?

Thanks

Isma

4 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ismael Guerra December 6, 2011

The question is solved, it was a bad configuration of the CAS client for Jira. Now, I can make REST requests to Jira bypassing the CAS.

0 votes
Martin Stiborsky November 20, 2011

Hi!

I have similar problem. Now we are using Soulwing Jira client http://www.soulwing.org/jira-cas.jsp, there is possibility to specify "bypass" paths. This is exactly what you need for your script.

Problem is, that this Soulwing client is no more developed (see the notice on soulwing homepage).

So I'm testing Jasig CAS client and bypass is must-have feature in my case.

I'll create separate topic here for this.

0 votes
Ismael Guerra October 23, 2011

Of course Nic,

We have configured our Jira with CAS using the information of this page and it works perfectly authenticating the users from an external user directory (in this case, an LDAP and a text file).

Now, we need to make requests to the Remote API (REST or SOAP) of Jira using a script. This script make requests to the Endpoint of the SOAP API (http://www.company.jira.com/rpc/soap/jirasoapservice-v2). This request recieves a Redirect HTTP Response to the CAS Server, because the script is making a request to a protected-by-CAS URL, and the script need to be authenticated just as it was acting like a user instead a service.

The implementation of this script is not obvious, and we wonder if there is an easier way...

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 23, 2011

You might want to expand on that. I know what CAS is, but only because I've stumbled across it before. Some explanation of what it is and how you have it implemented would be useful.

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events