Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RADIUS and LDAP authentication & authorization

D. Underwood May 12, 2016

I just need to clarify Crowd functionality.

Would I be able to authenticate against Active Directory via the RADIUS protocol and then load user information and roles from a separate LDAP for authorization? 

Would I then be able to plug that into my existing Tomcat and/or JBoss servers' container-managed security systems as well as the Confluence and JIRA installations we already have?

Any information would be helpful. 
Thank you

1 answer

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Bruno Vincent
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 13, 2016

Crowd by itself does not provide a RADIUS interface. However, there is a plugin for this: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/net.wimpi.crowd.radius.crowd-radius-server/server/overview (Please note that I have never used this plugin myself, so I am not officially recommending it to you, I am just saying that it exists).

You could actually authenticate against Active Directory and load user groups from a separate LDAP using the aggregating membership functionality provided by Crowd. However user information (username, firstname, lastname, email address) would be retrieved from your first Crowd directory which would be Active Directory in your case.

You can definitely use Crowd for JEE applications that rely on container-managed security but you will have to write some code. You will actually have to implement your own security realm that targets at Crowd with Crowd REST API.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events