It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Query that shows all subtasks for stories assigned to a user

Hi all,

I could do with some help here - I'm struggling even getting my head round the JQL required for this. The filter I want to create will be used on a greenhopper rapid board but could be used elsewhere too.

I want to do this: Filter by all user stories assigned to me and also display all the subtasks that are associated with that story (but maybe unassigned)

The first part is easy -

assignee = currentUser()

But I have no idea what the next step will be

1 answer

1 accepted

aha, yes that's possible isn't it - create a filter to find only issues that are assigned to current user, share that filter with the project and then reference it in the quick filter.

I'll get it a go and let you know how I get on.

This has produced the error I was expecting, it's only showing the sub-tasks and I want to get the sub-tasks and the parent.

There is another feature of that plugin which is

issue in parentIssuesFromtFilter ("")

But you can't use both in the same query...or I can't get it to work.

Any suggestions?

Hi

could you try to add another part to your filter with an or statement that will select the stories

something like this : <current sub task filter> or (assignee = currentUser() and issuetype = Story)

Best regards,

Peter

AHA! I was being a bit dense - I was trying to bind the two with AND. Changed it to OR and it was fine.

This is the complete query

issue in parentIssuesFromFilter("Issues assigned to current user") OR issue in subtaskIssuesFromFilter("Issues assigned to current user")

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Posted an hour ago in United States

Summit Recap!

For all those who couldn't make it to Summit (and even those who could) we are doing a recap of Summit 2019! Come out to hear about all the updates, get some free food and drinks, and some swag. ...

6 views 0 0
View post

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you