cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project build error - Failure to find com.atlassian.core:atlassian-core

fjodors
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 25, 2016

Hello

I am trying to create my own plugin for 7.0.10 JIRA version but eclipse returns me error about dependency.

I created pom.xml, then I execute "atlas-mvn eclipse:eclipse" in eclipse ('BUILD SUCCESS'), then I click on myProject ->Maven -> Update Project. As a result I get following error:

Project build error: Unresolveable build extension: Plugin com.atlassian.maven.plugins:maven-jira-plugin:5.0.18 or one of its dependencies could not be resolved: The following artifacts could not be resolved: com.atlassian.core:atlassian-core:jar:4.0, biz.aQute:bndlib:jar:1.43.0-atlassian-1, com.atlassian.fugue:fugue:jar:1.0, com.dmurph:JGoogleAnalyticsTracker:jar:1.2.1-atlassian, com.atlassian.plugins.rest:atlassian-rest-doclet:jar:2.9.2, com.atlassian.plugins:atlassian-plugins-osgi-testrunner:jar:1.2.3: Failure to find com.atlassian.core:atlassian-core:jar:4.0 in https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2 was cached in the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of central has elapsed or updates are forced

I found atlassian-core-4.0.jar here https://maven.atlassian.com/content/groups/public/com/atlassian/core/atlassian-core/4.0/ , but error message shows that it was tried to found file in https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2

Could you help me to understand what is incorrect?

My pom.xml is

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<project xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0"
         xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
         xsi:schemaLocation="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0 http://maven.apache.org/maven-v4_0_0.xsd">

<modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
    <groupId>***</groupId>
    <artifactId>***</artifactId>
    <version>***</version>

<organization>
        <name>***</name>
        <url>***</url>
    </organization>

<name>somename</name>
    <description>***</description>
    <packaging>atlassian-plugin</packaging>
    <dependencies>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>com.atlassian.jira</groupId>
            <artifactId>jira-api</artifactId>
            <version>${jira.version}</version>
            <scope>provided</scope>
        </dependency>

<!-- Add dependency on jira-core if you want access to JIRA implementation classes as well as the sanctioned API. -->
        <!-- This is not normally recommended, but may be required eg when migrating a plugin originally developed against JIRA 4.x -->

<dependency>
            <artifactId>jira-core</artifactId>
            <scope>provided</scope>
        </dependency>

<dependency>
            <groupId>junit</groupId>
            <artifactId>junit</artifactId>
            <version>4.8.1</version>
            <scope>test</scope>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <artifactId>jira-tests</artifactId>
            <scope>test</scope>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <artifactId>jira-func-tests</artifactId>
            <scope>test</scope>
        </dependency>
    </dependencies>

<build>
        <plugins>
            <plugin>
                <groupId>com.atlassian.maven.plugins</groupId>
                <artifactId>maven-jira-plugin</artifactId>
                <version>5.0.18</version>
                <extensions>true</extensions>
                <configuration>
                    <productVersion>${jira.version}</productVersion>
                    <productDataVersion>${jira.version}</productDataVersion>
                </configuration>
            </plugin>
            <plugin>
                <artifactId>maven-compiler-plugin</artifactId>
                <version>2.3.2</version>
                <configuration>
                    <source>1.6</source>
                    <target>1.6</target>
                </configuration>
            </plugin>
        </plugins>
    </build>

<properties>
        <jira.version>7.0.10</jira.version>
        <amps.version>5.0.18</amps.version>
    </properties>

</project>

Thank you in advance,

Fyodor

1 answer

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Answer accepted
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 25, 2016

Short: you need some jars to build a plugin. 

Maven is tring to get this jar. Since it could not find on local machine and is tring to download it from internet.

Usually it fails because proxy settings. Contact with you system administrators to make sure that for you is allowed to download jars.

fjodors
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 25, 2016

Hello Vasily

Thank you for reply.

That's right, I didn't configured proxy in atlas maven settings.xml

But I see that these jars (atlassian-core-4.0, bndlib-1.43.0-atlassian-1, etc) were downloaded and already exist in my local repository C:\Users\<username>\.m2\repository.

Also I specified local repository in settings.xml: <localRepository>C:\Users\<username>\.m2\repository</localRepository>, however problem still exist.

Does this problem still related to proxy? I assume, that there is something wrong with pom.xml dependencies or/and links to local repository....

Regards,

Fyodor

Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 25, 2016

Were these jar downloaded manually or by Maven? There is some structure for repository: group id / artifact id / version / jar? Or it just placed into C:\Users\<username>\.m2\repository?

fjodors
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 26, 2016

I didn't download them manually, so it seems these jars were downloaded by maven.

Yes, there is structure with folders, e.g. atlassian-core-4.0.jar exists in C:\Users\<username>\.m2\repository\com\atlassian\core\atlassian-core\4.0

regards,

Fyodor

Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 27, 2016

Atlassian core is not nessary to build plugin. Just comment this dependency.

Also try to execute clean step and that package. Sometimes is helps.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events