cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems using Spring Security jar in my SSO plugin

Jim Bethancourt
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 6, 2011

I'm trying to use Spring Security beans (in META-INF/spring) in my plugin and am running into the following error. I am specifying Spring Security 2.0.4 as a "provided" dependency in my POM. Am I missing a dependency in my POM? Do I need to provide OSGi instructions -- that's what was suggested in http://forums.atlassian.com/message.jspa?messageID=257340647, but I'm not quite sure how to go about figuring out all of the OSGi manifest dependencies (though I could do this if it is the recommended solution).

The funny part is that it works ok when I load the context manually (as the author of the forum post above had done), but I'd rather not recreate the context each time the servlet filter I'd like to run is triggered.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim

2011-12-07 09:48:13,938 ERROR [Spring executor 11] [extender.internal.activator.ContextLoaderListener] onOsgiApplicationEvent Application context refresh failed (NonValidatingOsgiBundleXmlApplicationContext(bundle=com.tpt.infopoint.sso, config=osgibundle:/META-INF/spring/*.xml))
 -- referer: http://localhost:8080/plugins/servlet/upm | url: /rest/plugins/1.0/ | userName: administrator
org.springframework.beans.factory.parsing.BeanDefinitionParsingException: Configuration problem: Unable to locate Spring NamespaceHandler for XML schema namespace [http://www.springframework.org/schema/security]
Offending resource: URL [bundle://71.0:0/META-INF/spring/ssoContext.xml]

at org.springframework.beans.factory.parsing.FailFastProblemReporter.error(FailFastProblemReporter.java:68)
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.parsing.ReaderContext.error(ReaderContext.java:85)
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.parsing.ReaderContext.error(ReaderContext.java:80)
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.BeanDefinitionParserDelegate.error(BeanDefinitionParserDelegate.java:281)
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.BeanDefinitionParserDelegate.parseCustomElement(BeanDefinitionParserDelegate.java:1294)
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.BeanDefinitionParserDelegate.parseCustomElement(BeanDefinitionParserDelegate.java:1287)
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.parseBeanDefinitions(DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.java:135)
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.registerBeanDefinitions(DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.java:92)
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.registerBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:507)
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.doLoadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:398)
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:342)
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:310)
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.java:143)
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.java:178)
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.java:149)
	at org.springframework.osgi.context.support.OsgiBundleXmlApplicationContext.loadBeanDefinitions(OsgiBundleXmlApplicationContext.java:164)
	at org.springframework.osgi.context.support.OsgiBundleXmlApplicationContext.loadBeanDefinitions(OsgiBundleXmlApplicationContext.java:136)
	at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractRefreshableApplicationContext.refreshBeanFactory(AbstractRefreshableApplicationContext.java:123)
	at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.obtainFreshBeanFactory(AbstractApplicationContext.java:422)
	at org.springframework.osgi.context.support.AbstractDelegatedExecutionApplicationContext.access$800(AbstractDelegatedExecutionApplicationContext.java:69)
	at org.springframework.osgi.context.support.AbstractDelegatedExecutionApplicationContext$3.run(AbstractDelegatedExecutionApplicationContext.java:269)
	at org.springframework.osgi.util.internal.PrivilegedUtils.executeWithCustomTCCL(PrivilegedUtils.java:85)
	at org.springframework.osgi.context.support.AbstractDelegatedExecutionApplicationContext.startRefresh(AbstractDelegatedExecutionApplicationContext.java:247)
	at org.springframework.osgi.extender.internal.dependencies.startup.DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor.stageOne(DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor.java:214)
	at org.springframework.osgi.extender.internal.dependencies.startup.DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor.refresh(DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor.java:169)
	at org.springframework.osgi.context.support.AbstractDelegatedExecutionApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractDelegatedExecutionApplicationContext.java:175)
	at org.springframework.osgi.extender.internal.activator.ContextLoaderListener$2.run(ContextLoaderListener.java:716)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

2 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jim Bethancourt
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2012

To use Spring Security in a plugin, I needed to:

1. Load up the Spring Security context in a normal fashion (using Spring's ClassPathResource class) instead of relying on the beans to be created when the beans.xml file is placed in META-INF/spring. I simply put the security bean file in the resources directory and loaded it up with "new ClassPathResource("ssoContext.xml")".
  2. I bundled the Spring Security jar with the plugin instead of using the provided scope.

To avoid recreating the security context on each request, I used the Crowd API to check if the user is alredy authenticated. I would only create the Spring Security context if the user had not yet been authenticated.

0 votes
Jim Bethancourt
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 6, 2011

Actually - I was getting the error in the forum post when I wasn't specifying it as provided. Now that I've specified it as provided I'm getting the error I mentioned.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events