cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-Populate Jira field using java script

Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2012

Hi All,

I want to prepopulate the jira security level field based on user roles/group . Can someone please provide me a sample java script which does something similar ?

Thanx in advance :)

3 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2012

Here is my shot at it. I wanted to attempt it after I saw your question in my previous post.

There might be an easier way or you probably figured it out yourself. But have a look if you haven't ;)

Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 5, 2012

Thank you .. Its a really helpful tutorial :)

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 22, 2012
Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 22, 2012

Can we use velocity and javascript together ? like #if ($authcontext.user.inGroup('developers'))...I dont know much about using rest .

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 22, 2012

Yeah you can do that but if you want to use velocity you need to create a new custom field type, or hack the existing ones. The javascript solution is less invasive.

0 votes
Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 22, 2012

I am able to set the security level using javascript in the field description , however i am not able to check the group of the current user . How can i get the current users group in my script ?

thanx :)

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events