• Community
  • Answers Developer Questions
  • Questions
  • Please assist with the following: In JIRA is there a way to or a plug-in("Gliffy Diagrams For JIRA" or draw.io or Creately for Jira or Confluence for Jira s/w, etc) that may support the following?

Please assist with the following: In JIRA is there a way to or a plug-in("Gliffy Diagrams For JIRA" or draw.io or Creately for Jira or Confluence for Jira s/w, etc) that may support the following?

Manjunatha K R March 7, 2017

Hi All,

We are planning to assess to use "Gliffy Diagrams For JIRA" or draw.io or Creately for JIRA or Confluence for Jira s/w, etc for our product system design documentation(i,e mainly it captures System design feature ids, requirement ids identified against impacted components along with Flow charts, UML, Network diagrams, etc in a word document as of now created using MagicDraw tool) as we use JIRA for Release/Sprint management in my organization.

With the above said my requirement in brief, we create system design issue type JIRA issues in my specific release/sprint under a JIRA Agile project and create required system design documents using the specific system design JIRA issue's More->Add Giffy Diagram option. When we save this document in Giffy, it adds as an attachment to the linked JIRA issue.

I need clarifications/inputs on the followings:

1. Once the System design document is saved/ready in Giffy/JIRA attachment, I would like to publish the same for review with my team members as reviewers.

2. Reviewers will go thru the published System design document and has to share their inline comments for my reference to analyze to fix(i,e re-updating the same document with new version) or reject their comments. Once review is successfully completed, there should be a option to confirm whether review is completed or not for all reviewers.

Is this supported in Giffy tool or We need some other integrated add-on to achieve the same???

3. Also As system design document has UML, flow chart, network diagrams along with the feature Id, Requirement id details updated in it - I would like to create JIRA issues against each requirement ids updated by me in the reviewed system design document.

So Is it possible to export Giffy document to import it into JIRA import format(CSV, etc) to create JIRA issues??? as my system design document attached to a system design JIRA issue type will be having more numbers of requirements on the several impacted components in my project assigned in a specific release/sprint as part of my JIRA Agile project.

Also added reviewers of system design document, possible to update their compliance against each requirement ids captured in the document as Fully compliant(FC), Partial complaint(PC) or Not Complaint(NC) after or in-between the implementation of JIRA issues created against each requirement ids(Step 3) on the impacted components in a assigned sprint.

is this can done in JIRA if importing option(step 3) is supported by Giffy/Jira?

Please share your feedback on my above requested clarifications, helps me to proceed further on finalizing of "Gliffy Diagrams For JIRA", etc for our product system design documentation purpose. Thanks.

Manju

1 answer

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
David Benson _draw_io_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 7, 2017

draw.io does not support all of this functionality out of the box. You'd need additional integration, either using something like ScriptRunner, or via custom consulting from an Atlassian Partner.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 7, 2017

It's much the same answer for Gliffy, and the other tools I'm aware of.

In fact, I wouldn't do this in JIRA.  You're drawing up early requirements documentation, and that's a natural fit for Confluence, rather than JIRA.  You don't really have any defined process or even field-like data for most of this, but you want your users to see, comment on, update the docs and collaborate to get them done, which is yelling "Confluence" to me.  Once you've got step 3 - "I want to create requirements", that when JIRA should be used to track compliance and progress (and you can use the "create JIRA issues from lines of Confluence page" trick at that point)

I hope David does not mind that I converted this to an answer, it's basically what I wanted to say, and deserves points.

Manjunatha K R March 7, 2017

Thanks David and Nic for sharing your prompt feedback.

I am very new to Confluence tool, doesn't have much idea on it.

Yes, your true for me I should able to add needed reviewers/users to review my system design document prepared/saved in Confluence(i,e for example if it really suits) and update their comments (Author should able to mark each comment is fixed or Rejected) and also mark it has review completed (might require check-box field against each reviewers added in Confluence) and uploading new version created after re-updating the document based on the comments accepted/worked for re-verification of reviewers acceptances before they close the review.

But one additional clarification, is "Confluence for JIRA" supports needed diagrams like flow charts, network diagrams, UML diagrams, org charts, venn diagrams to prepare my system design document for each feature id/requirement ids against each impacted components details to be captured in it?.

Also against each identified requirement ids for a specific feature id need to have check-box field like Fully compliant(FC), Partial complaint(PC) or Not Complaint(NC).

It;s good to know that, we can use the "create JIRA issues from lines of Confluence page" trick ! .

- Manju

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2017

Most of that comment repeats what you've said already.  We've answered that.

AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events